Prince Harry and Meghan Markle unlikely to return to UK anytime soon, expert says

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are ‘unlikely’ to move back to the UK, according to an expert.

Royal expert Russell Myers appeared on ITV’s Lorraine on Monday to discuss the events of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, celebrating 70 years of the Monarch’s service.

Host Lorraine, who was wearing green to pay ‘homage’ to the Queen, complimented Harry, 37, and the Duchess of Sussex, 40, for their "low key" conduct during the celebrations.

The Sussex's appeared at the Thanksgiving service at St Paul’s Cathedral on Friday, but did not attend other celebrations such as the concert or the Pageant.

They also did not appear on the balcony at Buckingham Palace alongside the rest of the Royals, except for Prince Andrew who was absent due to testing positive for coronavirus.

Myers agreed with Lorraine, but went on to say he does not think they will return to the UK from their home in the United States in the "near future", as emotions are still "raw."

Lorraine, 62, commented: “Harry and Meghan did, they kept a really low profile.

“They came to things they needed to come to, but that is what they were asked to do and they did it.

Myers agreed, “They did, they didn’t cause a stir. They said they would just sit in the background.

“It’s very interesting because when I was in St Paul’s Cathedral, lots could have been made about whether William or Charles gave them a nod or a wink.

“And they didn’t. They didn’t have eye contact.”

Myers went on to say he observed a "sad" moment when Prince Harry tried to catch his older brother's eye during the service.

“Harry was sort of craning his neck to make eye contact with William,” he said, “I felt that was quite sad.”

Harry and Meghan did not attend other celebrations and have already returned back to their Californian home.

“However, we only saw them very very fleetingly,” Myers said, “They missed out on all the fun really.

“They missed out on the concert, they missed out on the Pageant, they even left yesterday afternoon.”

Lorraine was surprised the couple had already returned to the US before the celebrations had even come to a close.


The Sussex's were reportedly driven to Farnborough Airport from Frogmore Cottage near Windsor Castle on Sunday afternoon, and were spotted arriving back in California the same day.

“Will we see them again?” Myers then asked, “I don’t think in the near future.

“I definitely still think the wounds are very raw, but like you said, all centred on the Queen so at least they kept their end of the bargain.”

The couple were reportedly said to be "keeping it simple" during the four day celebrations in order to now overshadow the Queen’s Jubilee.

For updates on all your favourite celebs, sign up to our daily newsletter here.

Source: Read Full Article